Friday, March 16, 2012

Say cheese!

I think/hope/PRAY that my search for the right bead-taking camera is over.  After struggling with 1) lack of funds b) a couple cameras that either wouldn't keep a charge or wouldn't focus on my subject and iii) being stubborn about wanting to find a camera that would "do it all" so to speak, I decided that I just needed to concentrate my efforts on finding a camera that would take a good macro shot of the beads I am listing on Etsy.  Oh, which reminds me, I should retake the pictures of the beads I currently have listed.  Good idea, that! :)

The camera I finally decided on is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS10.  In the store we took an incredible shot of a set of beads I had on me.

This picture may not look like "all that", but look at the next picture.

That is the reflection of one of the skylights in Costco.  You can also see that closer up, the bead itself shows amazing details.

Here's another set of awesome pictures taken with the new camera.  The first picture reminds me of one of those games on Sesame Street where you had to guess the object from a zoomed in picture of it.  Can you tell what this picture is?

The above image is an itty bit of the following picture, just 640x480 of the whole, and I didn't even use photoshop to zoom in, just cropped it and saved.
Digital photography sometimes freaks me out. Look at the bottom of that C, look familiar?

Pictures of Emma running around like the crazy baby that she is sadly don't come out so hot.  Maybe we're not using the right settings, I don't know.  I'll have to teach myself how to use the camera.  But, compared to the sad, old, tired Olympus E-500 DSLR, macro mode sure is a step up.  See the pics below and you'll understand why.

New Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS10

Old Camera: Olympus E-500 DSLR

1 comment:

  1. Followed your link over here from LE..and I have to say, just to see those fabulous dancing cats was worth the visit! lol..enjoy the glass work as well. <3
    Good luck with the photography..looking very good!

    ReplyDelete