Monday, February 13, 2012

And on the seventh day, she rested... or not.

So excited, yesterday I got my Zoozii's lentil shaper that I bought in the Lampwork Etc. garage sale, and tried it today for the first time.  Obviously, pics or it didn't happen, so pics will be forthcoming when they come out of the annealer tomorrow.  I made 4 valentine's big-hole-beads for my office-mate to give to his fiance, and a few regular beads for me.

Here's the aforementioned lentil shaper. The advert said they were small lentils, and they weren't kidding! That seller is lucky I prefer things smaller to things larger. *evil grin*

You can probably see the frit in the back, I got that as a freebie in one of the shipments I received recently.  Aren't glass people nice!

So, that's all for today, except for the burn I got on my finger.  Yup, I actually stuck the tip of my right index finger straight into the flame.  It was all white and kinda scary looking, but it didn't hurt, and I didn't do anything to triage it. I was in the middle of a bead so I just kept on going!  I'm sure lots of beadmakers have similar stories.  Oddly, I don't have any pics to show because by the time I was done making beads, the burn had disappeared and now the tip of my finger looks just as it did before.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment