Sunday, February 12, 2012

Girl's night in...

Hubby helped me strip some of our bookshelves yesterday and put the books in the storage closet so I could use a couple shelves for glass paraphernalia. I have my beads in cigar boxes, my stash of seed beads and all manner of other stuff, and my bead books like Passing the Flame and Beads of Glass. It is SOOOOO nice having a home for all that stuff instead of having to move it from my workbench to the top of the printer to my chair to the dining room table or back again every time I want to torch or print or use the computer or eat.

Saturday night is my husband's D&D night so Emma and I have the place to ourselves. Emma kept herself mostly busy watching Angelina Ballerina andKipper the Dog while I sorted my new batch of Swarovski crystals. When that was done, we sat down together and watched Bramwell while I cleaned and labeled yesterday's batch of red tests. I was pleasantly surprised by how well behaved Emma was. I didn't want to ignore her to go torch, though. That could have ended in disaster!

So, overall I had a productuve day, even though I didn't get to torch, but I did get to spend the day with my daughter, chatting, playing, laughing and snuggling, between my odd jobs around the studio. And I even got to relax, until she woke up at midnight (in the middle of my writing my blog post, no less) asking for some juice, then proceeded to sick up all over the place! Ah, the joys of having a toddler.

Emma is fine, but I'm exhausted and woke up with a headache. Hubby is home now, so I'm gonna go back to sleep even though it's 9:30 in the morning. Ironically, this is usually whay happens evey weekend. One good day and one bad day. One of these days I would like to have two good days in a row, when I don't "lie and bed and think of things that could have been."

So, to bed I go. Adieu, to you and you and you!

No comments:

Post a Comment